The families who choose Taproot Birth Partners are diverse, make a wide variety of choices and have varying needs. As your doula, my agenda is to help you work toward the outcome that is right for your family, while working to ensure that you can meet each moment along the way with respect, information and support.
Enjoy sensitive, knowledgeable, and objective care during your pregnancy, labor, and birth. You’re in charge.
- You choose the rate that works for your family, within the sliding scale. No questions asked.
- You decide how many visits you need before your birth
- I will attend your entire birth, sometimes working with a student (at your discretion) who will help to provide more hands, ideas, and back up at long births
- You decide how many visits you need after the birth. We will refer you to advanced care if your needs go beyond our scope of practice
I am a Full Spectrum Doula and support families during the full array of outcomes for their pregnancies., I am a part of the LGBTQ+ community, have taught internationally, and am a doula & childbirth educator trainer for Childbirth International. I am also a trained speaker of the ACEs Interface curriculum and I connect deeply with families who are navigating past trauma. With a diverse background and world view, I meet you where you are, and support you there with no judgments.
Childbirth Education – $300
Join other families in the beautiful Taproot studio in downtown Bremerton for a fun, relaxed and dynamic childbirth class. These classes will guide you through eight weeks of learning how to strategize the best birth for you and your family. We will strengthen your birth team with tools to help you navigate decision-making, adjusting when things change, and the ability to get the information you need at every turn.
Other Offerings for Families and birth professionals
For Families – “Local Birth Options” Meet-Ups
Getting ready to have a baby and don’t know where to start? Asking friends for provider recommendations but not sure if the one you’re working with is right for you? Curious about other venues for birth, or doulas, or childbirth class options? Let’s meet for coffee and I’m happy to give you a breakdown of your options. You might also find my blog posts about Kitsap options for hospital birth, homebirth and birth center birth helpful.
For Birth Professionals – Mentor Meet-ups ($20/person)
If you are a birth professional looking to strengthen your knowledge on the topics that apply to our work, join Kristina for a series of monthly Mentor Meet-ups! Kristina will present topics for in depth discussion and exploration in a mentoring environment; we’ll learn together! Topics can include marketing, building a great website, writing a solid contract, role plays of interviews, and more! RSVP is required, minimum of 3 to hold the meet up.
For Student Doulas – Taproot Mentorship Program (TMP)
Work alongside an experienced doula in the early stages of your practice, and develop your practice from the inside out. You might come out of doula training with a lot of questions. Whether you are looking to volunteer and help underserved families, or wish to create a successful business, mentorship will benefit you by exposing you to several topics, exploration of the tough parts of this work with the support of an experienced mentor, development of your business presence, and so much more.
Students working with me may:
- Attend births on my calendar (and yours!)
- Attend a series of childbirth classes
- Attend several in-person meetings with me to review your materials, discuss your goals and map the route to accomplishing them
- Be challenged to explore several topics on your own, with an emphasis on the personal reflection required to help develop your confidence, no matter the route you choose for your practice.
- Debrief and receive objective feedback on your work, directly related to the goals you have identified
- And more!
Contact me for more information, I’d love to chat with you about mentorship.